Agile Product Owner
This two-day course teaches the foundations of Agile and how a Product Owner interacts with Agile teams. You will learn Product Owner approaches, techniques and skills across Scrum, Kanban and hybrid environments. You will learn how to manage stakeholders and deal with the artifacts and ceremonies of Agile. This highly interactive approach will utilize exercises, in-depth discussions, and workshops in an Agile setting. This course will assist you to align your Agile environment to meet the market demand of modern Agile teams. The goal is to develop excellent Agile Product Owner skills that will lead to successful and profitable products.
Internationally Endorsed and Aligned with Best Practices
Bob the BA is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider. This course is aligned with the BABOK 3.0.
Earn PDU / CDUs for both IIBA and PMI certification or recertification.
Our goal at Bob the BA is to help you think, learn and work differently so you can make an impact back on the job. If you always do what you have always done, you will end up right where you were before you were trained right? We take a different approach because we know we learn best by doing and not through lecture. Our courses are always hands-on, practicing through exercises, activities, facilitated discussions, case studies, role play, workshops, printed materials and presentations.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone that needs to perform business analysis but is unsure how to approach it or what to do when in an Agile environment.
- How to work more effectively with your Agile development teams
- Increase your effectiveness as a Product Owner and/or team contributor
- Understand roles and responsibilities of the team
- Learn how to drive and own business value
- Understand Agile ceremonies, artifacts and structure
- Understand the limits of using a proxy as Product Owner
- An overview of Agile basics
- The role of the Product Owner on an Agile team
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the team
- Creating your product vision and your road map to success
- Backlog creation
- Story mapping – transform themes and epics into usable stories
- Prioritization and Grooming of the Backlog
- Acceptance Criteria
- Definition of Done
- Agile Documentation
- Agile Release Management
- Agile Release Planning
- The role of the Product Owner in design workshops
- Product Owner proxies
- How to become an extraordinary Product Owner
Enterprise Solutions Instructor - Bob Prentiss is our fearless leader and innovator. Bob is passionate about helping you think, learn and work differently. Bob is an awesome trainer, speaker, mentor, coach, and author. Collector of all things dragon related and Dr. Who fan. Bob is CBAP certified with 25+ years of experience in corporate America; with a background in managing BA centers of excellence, assessing and managing BA maturity, quality, and competency. Bob is an award winning curriculum developer. Bob has presented numerous keynote, workshops, seminars, conferences, and training sessions across North America. Bob is a founding member and past President of the IIBA MSP Chapter.