Building Business Cases
Full Version 1-Day – ½ Day & Workshops Versions Available
Earn CDU and PDU Credits
Creating a solid business case with outlines the businesses expectations of scope, capabilities, functionality and cost are critical to starting a project off strongly. Frequently project teams are asked to implement solutions before the root cause of the problem is identified and understood. This course provides understanding into the steps needed to build a strong business cases to start projects stronger and move beyond the filling in the blanks of a template. This course provides a framework to build clear, concise and agreed upon business cases to help your organization start your project stronger and effectively.
Internationally Endorsed and Aligned with Best Practices
Bob the BA is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider. This course is aligned with the BABOK 3.0.
Earn PDU / CDUs for both IIBA and PMI certification or recertification.
Our goal at Bob the BA is to help you think, learn and work differently so you can make an impact back on the job. If you always do what you have always done, you will end up right where you were before you were trained right? So at Bob the BA we take a different approach because we know we learn best by doing and not through lecture. Our courses are always hands-on, practicing through exercises, activities, facilitated discussions, case studies, role play, workshops, printed materials and presentations.
Who Should Take This Course?
Business Leaders, Business Analysts and Project Managers that need to write business cases to start projects.
- Understand the purpose and essential components of a business case
- Provide an explanation to business leaders on the important of the business case and why the framework helps understand business needs more clearly, build better project results
- Building better relationships to ensure the business case is effectively built and communicated
- Select the right techniques to use in the development of the business case
- Leading discussions on solution approaches and selection
- Performing cost benefit analysis based on potential solutions and approaches to implementing those solutions
- Understanding how outsourcing, commercial off the shelf and custom development impacts cost and scope of the business case
- Understanding the business case purpose and contents
- Definition, analysis and validation of the business need, problem or opportunity
- Review the overall framework for creating a business case
- Understand how the business case fits into enterprise analysis
- Creating potential solution models for choosing a solution
- Creating cost benefit models for solutions
- Understanding the industry standard measurements of Payback period, ROI, Internal Rate of Return, and Net Present Value
- Understanding the implementation of the solution on the overall scope and cost
- Understanding gap fit analysis and solution selection criteria used to select a final solution
- Packaging and presentation of the business case for review and approvals
Building Customized Training Experiences as Unique as You
Bob the BA delivers training experiences that focus on topics you need and that are relevant for your organization. Buy only what you need - no customization fees, ever. Our training is flexible with onsite or virtual course options. We got your back.