Business Analysis Street Smarts
Facilitation has become a core competency in most organizations whether you are leading, managing or contributing to the success of projects and the meetings that get you there. Strong facilitation skills are required in order to solve problems, achieve goals, get collaboration and gain buy-in. This interactive, dynamic and fast-paced workshop provides the foundations of what good facilitation is and can do. You will learn and practice several techniques and approaches gaining immediate knowledge and experience that you can apply back on the job.
Internationally Endorsed and Aligned with Best Practices
Bob the BA is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider. This course is aligned with the BABOK 3.0.
Earn PDU / CDUs for both IIBA and PMI certification or recertification.
- Define the role and practice of facilitation.
- Understand the benefits of facilitation.
- How to plan for facilitation sessions to achieve your desired results.
- Learn a set of techniques and approaches to maximize your facilitation.
- Develop strategic approaches to deal with different situations and stages of team development.
- Learn how to facilitate and develop strategies to manage disagreements, respond to dysfunctional behavior, and remove unwanted barriers in your sessions.
- Practice facilitation in a safe environment.
- Introduction to facilitation
- The process of facilitation
- Understanding team dynamics, the psychology behind it and what the facilitator does with it
- Stakeholder analysis and facilitation needs
- Foundational facilitation techniques to drive different types of meetings and needs
- How to prepare for facilitation
- How to achieve meeting goals and objectives ensuring action and accountability
- How to conduct facilitation
- Understanding facilitator inquiry: how to question and keep meetings moving
- How to keep the meeting on track: providing direction to participants
- How to build consensus: understanding disagreement and agreement during the meeting
- Understand and practice how to facilitate several types of meeting needs and utilizing the techniques required to manage them including Icebreakers, agendas, ground rules, introductions, decision making, problem identification, problem-solving, idea generation, root cause analysis, lessons learned, process flows, workshops
- How to facilitate disagreements and the different types of disagreements that can happen: late arrivals, interrupters, distractors, personal agendas, extremism, hierarchy and more
- Learning from your facilitated efforts: what went well to repeat, what could be done better and tried differently the next time, what could be improved for all
Enterprise Solutions Instructor - Bob Prentiss is our fearless leader and innovator. Bob is passionate about helping you think, learn and work differently. Bob is an awesome trainer, speaker, mentor, coach, and author. Collector of all things dragon related and Dr. Who fan. Bob is CBAP certified with 25+ years of experience in corporate America; with a background in managing BA centers of excellence, assessing and managing BA maturity, quality, and competency. Bob is an award winning curriculum developer. Bob has presented numerous keynote, workshops, seminars, conferences, and training sessions across North America. Bob is a founding member and past President of the IIBA MSP Chapter.