This class will earn 7 Professional Development hours that can be used towards meeting your PMI and IIBA certifications. This is an instructor-led interactive class.
There are many approaches to Agile but very few address how the Business Analyst fits into the approach or how business analysis is done. It seems to magically happen by everyone on the team and unfortunately, many teams are struggling and wondering why they don’t have a business analyst. There is more to it than a user story right? This workshop helps to identify how business analysis can be done in Agile and how the Business Analyst performs their work as a valued team member, giving them the essential skills to successfully navigate an Agile environment. This workshop will explore an overview of Agile principles and an approach to Agile where the business analyst is vital and needed for success. As a business analyst, I want to be able to perform business analysis on an Agile project, so that (insert benefit here!). If you have questions about business analysis and Agile, this workshop is for you.
Our goal at Bob the BA is to help you think, learn and work differently so you can make an impact back on the job. If you always do what you have always done, you will end up right where you were before you were trained right? So at Bob the BA we take a different approach because we know we learn best by doing and not through lecture. Our courses are always hands-on, practicing through exercises, activities, facilitated discussions, case studies, role play, workshops, printed materials and presentations.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone that needs to perform business analysis but is unsure how to approach it or what to do when in an Agile environment.
- How the Business Analyst fits into the Agile environment
- An understanding of Agile principles
- An understanding of different types of Agile approaches
- Business Analyst roles and responsibilities in Agile environments
- Understanding self-organized teams and the roles in Agile
- How the Business Analyst fits in with Agile ceremonies and artifacts
- How to elicit and communicate requirements in an Agile environment
- How to develop and manage user stories
- How to utilize existing techniques in an Agile environment
- An overview of Agile basics
- Benefits & barriers to Agile
- How the Business Analyst fits into the Agile environment; Business Analyst roles and responsibilities
- Using Agile ceremonies and artifacts, sprints, standups, huddles, planning, retrospectives
- Stakeholder analysis in Agile
- How to elicit, develop, write, communicate and manage user stories
- Building story maps
- Get tons of questions answered about Agile!