This class will earn 7 Professional Development hours that can be used towards meeting your PMI and IIBA certifications. This is an instructor-led interactive class.
This 2-day course is appropriate for anyone that is interested in learning what it takes to become a Business Analyst, validate what they know about Business Analysis, or become Business Analysis work-ready. This course explores the foundational aspects, benefits, techniques, the process, skill-sets, competencies, and general expectations of the Business Analysis role and how it delivers value to stakeholders and organizations.
Internationally Endorsed and Aligned with Best Practices
Bob the BA is an IIA Endorsed Education Provider. All courses are aligned with the BABOK 3.0. Earn PDU / CDUs for both IIBA and PMI certification or recertification.
Public Course Instructor - Jennifer Batten, the Out of the Box BA, has an energetic passion injecting innovation and creative problem-solving techniques into how BAs do their day to day work. Her passion is helping teams apply the art and science of business analysis techniques with fresh, modern perspectives. Jen is an internationally recognized conference speaker, educator and thought leader within the business analysis and creative problem-solving communities.
Our goal at Bob the BA is to help you think, learn and work differently so you can make an impact back on the job. If you always do what you have always done, you will end up right where you were before you were trained right? So at Bob the BA, we take a different approach because we know we learn best by doing and not through lecture. Our courses are always hands-on, practicing through exercises, activities, facilitated discussions, case studies, role play, workshops, printed materials and presentations.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone that is interested in a career in Business Analysis, wants to understand what Business Analysis is, wants to help promote the profession of Business Analysis in their organization.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Business Analyst
- Compare the BA role to other project roles
- Understand how business analysis works in both IT and business environments
- Understand the benefits and value of Business Analysis
- Understand the competencies of a Business Analyst
- Understand the high-level process of Business Analysis
- Understand general expectation of the Business Analyst role
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Key business analysis terms, activities and general overview of business analysis
- Key business analysis activities, deliverables, and techniques
- The breadth of business analysis from the business to IT projects
- Benefits of Business Analysis
- Barriers to Business Analysis
- BA Competencies
- BA Career Path
- Requirements defined and their classifications
- Methodologies/approaches to business analysis
- Comparing business analysis to other roles and where they overlap
- A typical day in the life of a business analyst
- Trends in business analysis
- Overview of the IIBA BABOK and how it relates to Business Analysis and your training
- A high-level understanding of requirements, business rules, process, data, interfaces, interactions, scope