This class will earn 14 Professional Development hours that can be used towards meeting your PMI and IIBA certifications. This is an instructor-led interactive class.
This 2-day course is appropriate for anyone that needs to learn how to support and manage requirements to support high-quality Business Analysis work. Participants will practice how to document, prioritize and manage requirements throughout the requirements lifecycle. By using the right practices and approaches the Business Analyst will maximize the value of the solution from inception, through implementation and support on-going in the system.
Internationally Endorsed and Aligned with Best Practices
Bob the BA is an IIA Endorsed Education Provider. All courses are aligned with the BABOK 3.0. Earn PDU / CDUs for both IIBA and PMI certification or recertification.
Public Course Instructor - Jennifer Battan, the Out of the Box BA, has an energetic passion injecting innovation and creative problem-solving techniques into how BAs do their day to day work. Her passion is helping teams apply the art and science of business analysis techniques with fresh, modern perspectives. Jen is an internationally recognized conference speaker, educator and thought leader within the business analysis and creative problem-solving communities.
Our goal at Bob the BA is to help you think, learn and work differently so you can make an impact back on the job. If you always do what you have always done, you will end up right where you were before you were trained right? So at Bob the BA, we take a different approach because we know we learn best by doing and not through lecture. Our courses are always hands-on, practicing through exercises, activities, facilitated discussions, case studies, role play, workshops, printed materials and presentations.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone that is interested in a career in Business Analysis, wants foundational training in supporting and managing requirements.
- Understand the different ways to document requirements
- Practice writing well-formed requirements
- Understand how to package requirements for review by stakeholders
- Understand and practice different methods of requirements prioritization (Waterfall, Incremental, Agile)
- Understand and practice requirements traceability
- Understand the Business Analyst role in design
- Understand the Business Analyst role in testing
- Understand the Business Analyst role in user acceptance testing
- Understand the role of the Business Analyst during the implementation of the solution
- Understand the role of the Business Analyst after the solution has been implemented
- How to package your requirements effectively
- Understanding your stakeholder preferences in packaging requirements
- How to present different components of the requirements
- How to write well-formed requirements
- How to correct requirements
- Developing a requirements checklist
- What goes into a business requirements document
- What goes into a system requirements specification
- Creating a traceability matrix
- Tracing requirements to business goals and objectives, test, design, scope
- The Business Analyst role in testing
- The Business Analyst role in user acceptance testing
- The Business Analyst role in design
- The Business Analyst role in implementation
- The Business Analyst role after implementation
- How to manage requirements change