This class will earn 14 Professional Development hours that can be used towards meeting your PMI and IIBA certifications. This is an instructor-led interactive class.
This 2-day course is appropriate for anyone that needs to learn how to scope project solutions and elicit requirements. You will learn what it takes to scope the efforts of Business Analysis for a given project. Additionally, participants will learn how to use several techniques to elicit requirements from stakeholders, how to engage them and move the project forward with the information received.
Internationally Endorsed and Aligned with Best Practices
Bob the BA is an IIA Endorsed Education Provider. All courses are aligned with the BABOK 3.0. Earn PDU / CDUs for both IIBA and PMI certification or recertification.
Public Course Instructor - Jennifer Battan, the Out of the Box BA, has an energetic passion injecting innovation and creative problem-solving techniques into how BAs do their day to day work. Her passion is helping teams apply the art and science of business analysis techniques with fresh, modern perspectives. Jen is an internationally recognized conference speaker, educator and thought leader within the business analysis and creative problem-solving communities.
Our goal at Bob the BA is to help you think, learn and work differently so you can make an impact back on the job. If you always do what you have always done, you will end up right where you were before you were trained right? So at Bob the BA, we take a different approach because we know we learn best by doing and not through lecture. Our courses are always hands-on, practicing through exercises, activities, facilitated discussions, case studies, role play, workshops, printed materials and presentations.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone that is interested in a career in Business Analysis, wants foundational training in scoping and elicitation.
- Understand a recap from the Introduction to Business Analysis course
- Understand what requirements are and why they are needed for solutions
- Understand and practice Business Analysis scope modeling
- Learn and practice several elicitation techniques
- Understand the process for elicitation
- Learn what techniques work better in certain situations
- Understand team dynamics and how it plays a part in elicitation
- Understanding the differences of project and product scope
- The process of solution scoping
- Several techniques and models for solution scoping
- Breaking down the scope to drive elicitation efforts
- The process of elicitation
- Elicitation in different approaches – Agile, Waterfall, Incremental
- The role team dynamics play in elicitation
- Learn 17 elicitation techniques
- Practice elicitation techniques and understand how they support future business analysis efforts
- When to use each technique and why