This 2-day course is appropriate for anyone that needs to learn how to analyze and model requirements to support high-quality Business Analysis work. Participants will practice analyzing and modeling process, data, interfaces, interactions, decisions and business rules.
Instructor: Jen Battan
This class will earn 14 Professional Development hours that can be used towards meeting your PMI and IIBA certifications. This is an instructor-led interactive course.
Our goal at Bob the BA is to help you think, learn and work differently so you can make an impact back on the job. If you always do what you have always done, you will end up right where you were before you were trained right? So at Bob the BA, we take a different approach because we know we learn best by doing and not through lecture. Our courses are always hands-on, practicing through exercises, activities, facilitated discussions, case studies, role play, workshops, printed materials and presentations.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone that is interested in a career in Business Analysis, wants foundational training analyzing and modeling requirements.
- Understand the importance of modeling and analyzing requirements
- Understand and practice different types of modeling including process, data, interface, and interaction
- Learn when and why to model
- Understand impacts to modeling based on stakeholder preferences and needs
- Understand progressive elaboration of requirements and what the right level of detail to model is
- Process modeling (Process Maps, Swim Lanes)
- Data modeling (Data Matrix, ERD, Class Diagram, Data Mining)
- Interface modeling (Prototypes, Mockups, Wireframes, Storyboards)
- Interaction modeling (Use Cases, SIPOC)
- Decision modeling (Decision Trees, Weighted Ranking)
- Business rules analysis in modeling
- Tying models back to scope modeling
- Levels of detail and abstraction in modeling
- Modeling based on approach (Agile, Waterfall, Incremental)
5% discount for 3 or more attendees on the same registration